Monday 17 January 2011

My Dear!

Morning!
Yesterday I thought I'd play with some of my latest additions! Namely 'My Dear' by Iron Orchid Designs brought to you by Unity and available from Emily here
I started with a very clean and simple card:
I stamped the image onto Gloss card with Black Staz-On and then used my PaperMania pens (somewhat forgotten now I've found ProMarkers!) to colour in. The background matt started off as White card I stamped and embossed the corner stamp on one of the edges and then coloured it with my Adirondak Inks and splattered water on it. The little Flower was made with some Green Ric Rac Velvet braid just wound round on itself. I just glued it onto some leaves.

I couldn't be me if I didn't get inky!! So I made a Tag with the same stamp set. Love Tags and I think this set lends itself really well to Tags. :-)

I've used the same colours to colour this image in, they come out much different on plain White cardstock don't they? I clear embossed the main image to make it stand out. I used the corner stamp in the bottom left of the Tag..........stamped it crooked, but didn't want to throw away the Tag...........it's hardly noticeable now, so I'm really glad I carried on with it! I've stamped and clear embossed the script stamp to add a little background. Coloured with my Adirondak Inks. I added a couple of Flowers and the little flower made with the Green Ric Rac braid, which I have also added at the bottom, along with some stick on gems.
I really enjoyed making these.............especially the Tag. It's interesting to see how different the same images can look used differently.
I hope you all have a good Monday and a great week. I'll 'see' you soon.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to have a look here at 'Make The Day Special' Emily has some great stamps.........still lots of bargains! and fantastic service.................what more could we ask for?

She xx

No comments: