Monday 25 April 2011

One Set, Three Ways!

Morning, hope you are all having a good Easter and eating lots of Choccy!

I like to try and get as much mileage as I can out of my stamps, sometimes it works and sometimes I always just have to have that Rubba!

Today I'd like to show you how I used One stamp set Three ways!

I have used, I think one of my most favourite stamp sets.....'The Artist In You' by Donna Downey. Available in the UK from the lovely Emily here

First up is my first card.......

Using my very favourite 'Browny' shades! The backing paper had a lighter stripe down the centre of it, so I used this to stamp and emboss the sentiment on. I stitched (albeit not very straight!!) around the words and around the backing paper and then inked the edges. When I looked at the flowers, for some reason I thought of Buttons.........who knows how my mind works!!! so I had a little rummage and found some Brown buttons to add. A little bit of Glossy Accents to highlight and some ribbon and I was done!

I decided to go a bit 'Monochromatic' with my 2nd card :-) Love Black and White! Really simple, but I think effective card......sentiment just stamped and embossed and then matted onto Black and then Black and White paper, all I needed were some flowers and little gems to finish.
I couldn't have these stamps out and not make a Tag, could I?? Really easy again!! I just stamped the leaves with 2 different colours of ink, embossed and then coloured with my little VersaMagic Chalk inks. I then just overstamped with the Scroll stamp and added some flowers and fibres, oh and the ever present Glossy Accents!
Thanks for looking, I hope you have an enjoyable Bank Holiday :-) and I hope you enjoyed my 'variations on a Theme!'

I'll catch up with you again soon, I hope.

She xx

2 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful cards & tag. These stamps look very versatile. Love the touches of Glossy Accents it makes the cards really pop.
Hoping to get some birthday money to spend on these gorgeous stamps really soon :)
Have a great day..xx

Clair said...

I particularly love the tag - I think the colours are beautiful.