Monday 31 December 2012

Bee a Honey

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! So,what are your New Year's resolutions? More crafting time? ;)

Now that Christmas is over,my crafty thoughts turn to a new year full of holidays to make things for,and so today's card is embracing a touch of lighthearted spring and Valentines Day. I used the super cute,very affordable Lawn Fawn single set,'Bee Mine', and sprayed a hexagonal mask onto Kraft card,which gives a nice subtle background. I then cut around the outside of the hive with a knife and selected which hexagon was to be the 'window' and cut that out too. I stamped the bee image onto tracing paper using an archival ink,coloured him in and glued him into his window. I inked the edges of the hive with gold and brown and added a couple of the other stamps from the set. I love how he glows in different lights :)
He will bee winging his way to someone special soon ;)(Oh come on,I HAD to get some bee puns in somewhere!)



Hope you all have a fablous New Year!
Lou

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love this Lou and i have that mask ...time to experiment :)
Kate x