Saturday 27 April 2013

On the Angle!!

Good Morning Crafters :0)

Jenny here and I'm popping by with a card I've made using Paper Smooches stamps.

I've noticed that having elements across your card on the diagonal seems to be popular in 
crafting at the moment so being one to usually trail behind the 
bandwagon, I thought I'd jump on it instead!!


My inspiration for this card is the photo at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge blog
...  the colours and patterns just called to me :0)
Have you played along in their weekly challenges??

I decided on a sewing and fabric theme... the dotty strip is a border from 'Geo-graphic' embossed
 on blue card to look like ribbon across the corner of the card. The flowers and leaves are 
from 'Needle Little Love' embossed in white with a stitch made across the centre of each and 
the panel was de-bossed using a piece of hessian by running them through my Bigshot together... 
I think it looks similar to Aida fabric :0)

As always I don't have gems to match the deep turquoise colour but I do have a
bottle of Adirondack Pearlised Acrylic paint that does so after some practice runs on 
scrap paper I carefully made my own faux gems :0)

I really love the colours together and who knew that cream and white 
sit happily side by side too!!!

Just before I go...
.... did you see that we are having a design team call at Make the Day Special???
If you would like to join a bunch of friendly, crafty ladies (I'm bias of course)
 pop over to the Facebook page to find out more details here :0)

Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

Paper Smooches stamps used : Needle Little love, Geo-Graphic and Simply Said (currently out of stock)


1 comment:

Clair said...

This is one of those beautiful cards that looks simple at first glance and then reveals additional details. Gorgeous! x