Saturday 25 May 2013

A Roaring Good Birthday!!

Good morning...Jenny here :0)

After my last two weeks of Paper Smooches fun I thought I'd have a play with my Lawn Fawn
stamps and dies, I was in the mood for some paper piecing ....


Using the dies when paper piecing takes a little longer but the effect is well worth it!! 
To keep the white border around the edge of the image you have to fussy cut the pieces from 
patterned paper and then layer onto the white die-cut image ... the white border really makes
the colours stand out. I'd just like to add that the leaves where coloured with Promarkers on the die cut image... I didn't have the patience to snip them from patterned paper!!

The lion is from Critters on the Savannah... I was inspired by the sentiment to turn him into 
the lion from the MGM logo using a banner from Bannerific and some leafy branches 
from Blissful Botanicals... oops I've not remebered the logo very well!!
I'm probaly getting confused with a disney version!!!....he suits them anyhow :0)

Unfortunately all these sets are out of stock at this time but have you seen that you can
 pre-order from all the latest Law Fawn stamp sets and dies over at Make the Day Special here
The facility will stay open until the end of the week so to be sure to have a
 browse and place an order to guarantee delivery of your favourites :0)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a 
lovely Bank Holiday Weekend

Jenny x


No comments: