Tuesday 30 July 2013

Layers of Lawn Fawn

Hello! 
Keeping you on your toes again today-its Lou here!

Today's card is a Lawn Fawn one,using the Bright Side Petite Paper Pad and Grand Greetings  sentiment set (SUCH a useful set!),plus a handmade flower and a bit of ribbon. 


It is surprisingly easy to do-I cut four circles out from each of the papers I wanted to use,using a 3/4 inch circle punch. The hardest part is lining up that first line,but once you have them in place,the rest are easy peasy. Just glue the smallest bit at the top of the circle,then you can slot all the other circles underneath. Trim any overhangs and in between each circle along the bottom and add ribbon across the top and flower or any other embellishment and add your sentiment.
 I love the look of this card as it seems to appeal to all ages-my 3 and 7 year olds went mad over it,each requesting one (Oh great!) and my Mum and her friends love it too. So I can declare with conviction that Lawn Fawn papers are universally appealing ;-)
I hope you give this technique a try-it is great fun :-)

Lou


1 comment:

Keren Baker said...

Humph- no-one left a comment on a 'blood,sweat and tears' card. You know I already think its gorgeous- but I guess it kinda needs to go in writing!