Friday 26 July 2013

Using Up Some Waste ...

Happy Friday one and all. I hope you have all had a great week, me and the little ones have had a very relaxed first week to the summer holidays crafting, movies and running around.

It's my day to post over at Make The Day Special..... and guess what (if you hadn't seen my post yesterday) Wplus9 has landed at the Make The Day Special store ... I'm sooo excited about this as the Fresh Cut Florals stamps and dies have become my favourite go-to set :-D

When cutting out the flowers out of white card I was left with quite a bit of negative 'waste' so I thought it might be fun to have a play with this and utilize it on a card. So I inked it up in a ombre effect from pink to purple and layered it onto a kraft card.

I then thought it would be fun and a bit different to stamp the flowers on to a kraft background. It gives such a different look to stamped onto white - much more muted.

The frame on which the bouquet has been placed is from the Avery Elle set 'Framed Fonts', it is such a great set - the sentiments are awesome and the frame is soooo easy to cut out ..bonus!! I then added the lil 'You Are Invited' from the Paper Smooches set 'Salutations'

I hope I have inspired you to use up that pesky 'waste', have a great weekend.

Hugs, Lydia xxx

1 comment:

Traceyr said...

I always love a bit of recycling. Great card. :)