Sunday 15 September 2013

It's all about geometry...

Tara here again - I've got a couple of cards to share today and although very different in style they are linked by geometry through the use of a rounded diamond.

For my first card, I decided to highlight the simply gorgeous Folk Art Florals from WPlus9 so those of you who are disappointed that Fresh Cut Florals is out of stock could see the potential of this slightly older set.


I took a 9cm square panel of thick white card stock and selected a range of bright inks and stamped each of the large flowers from the set in a different shade randomly all over the card.  I masked the larger two flowers with sticky note tape and then stamped the leaves coming out from them to fill up the spaces in between.  You then get your own custom stamped floral background paper.  To take it one step further, I cut it into 4 equal squares and rounded two corners on each panel to give the geometric shape I wanted to play with and arranged them on my base card with a little gap in between.  I decided to add a silhouette focal point design using the companion dies (currently out of stock - sorry) using the bird house, birds and branches and finished with one of the lovely sentiments from the same set.

So that was going to my only card for this week, but then the postman arrived with my new Avery Elle goodies which are in store now so naturally I had to get them inked up immediately and I was drawn to the Rounded Diamonds set with the same shapes I'd been playing with.


I wanted to play with the geometry to create some strong clean and graphical shapes as I thought this would give me a useful masculine card so I opted for blue, green and purple this time and again stamped each shape in one colour but this time directly onto my base card in a diagonal.  I added a sentiment from the sublime new Handwritten Notes set - I just love the little "extras" you can add to your messages.  To add a finishing touch I went with 3 little clusters of sequins in the same colours as the stamping.



I think the weather for most of the country is definitely the kind to keep us indoors and crafting today so have a fun day everyone and I'll see you next weekend ;-)


1 comment:

Keren Baker said...

Lovely -Tara-that first set is just beautiful & I love how you've showcased it! I'm hoping my Avery Elle come soon too! x