Sunday 8 December 2013

Candlelight

I'm playing with one of the only remaining WPlus9 sets still in the store today since everyone had a rush on them last week - Merry and Bright which is a great little set for Christmas cards.


I do love the multi-layer stamps that WPlus9 produce as they are such fun to play with and watch the images grow as you stamp them.  If you've never used them, I thought I'd show you how they work - for example the pine branches I've used on my card come in 3 parts so I've stamped them to show you how they grow.


For my card I used a mixture of the stamps and the matching dies, stamping the lantern twice, first on the card base and then again on vellum to give a subtle glow to the embossed candle.  The pine branches went over the base image and then I used the die cut pine cones and holly leaves to cover up where they showed under the vellum - this allowed me to have the candle higher in the lantern but not have it floating in mid-air as you can't see the bottom of it.  I framed the scene in a die cut circle and stamped the sentiment onto a banner die cut with white embossing and layered it across the circle.





No comments: