Sunday 29 December 2013

Love is all you need

Good Morning all - I hope you're enjoying this weird little "twixtmas" period and finding a little time for crafting.  I'm working hard behind the scenes on the shop transfer and hope to get it open again as soon as I can.  Thanks for completing the survey - your insights and requests are really helpful - you can still complete it if you haven't already  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C887KPJ

I managed to squeeze in a little crafting though and I wanted to use one my holiday sets to show that there is versatility beyond Christmas in some sets if you look for it so I decided to play with Strictly Sentiments 3 from WPlus9 and paired it with a matching styled sentiment from Mama Elephant's Smitten set.


Now whilst this set looks aimed squarely at Christmas with it's big sentiments - I was actually more interested in the striped circles that come with it and used those in 5 shades of pink to create a bubbly border down my card.  I then ignored the two Christmassy words and just focused on  LOVE and found another "LOVE" in Smitten which had the same style and another sentiment which paired with love perfectly.  I carefully cut the sentiment apart so I could rearrange the words in the famous song and just embossed all the words in silver.


1 comment:

Sarah G said...

The way you have rearranged the sentiment is so clever - love the pink circles too. A great way of stretching Christmas stamps a bit further!