Thursday 20 March 2014

Throwback Thursday

Hello!

You will see me every Thursday from now on,and I thought it would be nice to revisit some of the awesome older stamps,papers and dies in the shop. All the new stuff is positively drool-worthy,but we musn't forget how excited we were with previous releases ;-D

 So here is my 'card'-a slightly different card this week,using some of my hoarded old packaging as its base and the gorgeous Paper Smooches Briny Blue and Surf and Turf and the sentiment from Hang Ups,out of stock at the moment,but will be back in store :-) 

The packaging is that clear floppy plastic as apposed to the ridged packaging that make great shaker cards. Static does a lot of the work for you holding things in place,so there is no need for any adhesive in this type of card. All the sea folk are stamped and painted onto watercolour card,using the colour palette. I stamped,coloured and cut everything I thought I would use and arranged it 

Then carefully sandwiched it together and machine sewed loose rings around the outside. The jellyfish and seahorse needed a little extra anchoring,so I ran a few stitches through them,voila! Can be hung anywhere to catch the light :-)

As you know,the DT has a colour challenge this week-this scrummy colour palette


There is still time to play along with this fun colour challenge,and you can upload your submissions here

See you next week for another Throwback Thursday!
Lou

Used today-back in stock soon!:

No comments: