Sunday 13 April 2014

Wait for it....

Hello - so our week of Unity inspiration is over but it you missed it you can still find the stamps in our discontinued section and the 25% off continues too.  We need to clear some space to make room for all the new goodies coming your way very soon....

Now, we're back to normal on the blog with a variety of inspirational projects covering all our brands and I'm playing with one of the new sets from CASual Fridays - as soon as I saw "Wait for It" I knew I had to have it.  If like me, you're a fan of the US TV show "How I Met Your Mother" then when you see my card you'll see why I was instantly attracted to this set!


I started with a black DL base card and cut a white mat to fit from which I cut some chevrons to allow the black to show through (I used a punch but the chevron border die from Avery Elle would be perfect here too).  I added a couple of stripes of grey washi - I wanted to keep it all masculine and I often think its hard to make cards for guys but this set is perfect with lots of bold graphical statements.   I stuck with grey and used the Fog pigment ink from Avery Elle to stamp the words from the Wait for It set.   I used a bit of washi to mask the word LEGENDARY before inking it so I could split it to stamp wait for it in the middle in a nod to Barney Stinson from the show.   Simply mask the letter you don't want and ink over the ones you do, peel off the washi tape and stamp.  Clean and repeat the opposite way around for the rest of the word.



While I'm here - just a little note about your restock requests - I am a little behind on processing them at the moment as there have been hundreds of them!  At busy times I prioritise getting orders out over answering non-urgent emails.  If you have requested a restock, it will be ordered, and you will get an email when it is back in stock but please note this may take a number of weeks, or even months depending on the item and the brand - it may well be out of stock at the brand itself when I place a re-order and so it will have to wait until I order again.  I do not order from every brand every week - I have to have a certain amount of stock to meet minimum order requirements and also to make it cost effective for me to import.   So be assured your order will be noted and ordered even if you do not get a reply.  If your item is no longer available I will let you know.   I am trying to move to an automated "tell me when it's back in stock" system but it;'s going to take a little while to set up.  At the moment I a caring for my husband who had surgery on Thursday so everything is taking a little longer than normal so please be a little patient.

Thanks

Tara


2 comments:

Blue Daisy said...

Love this Tara!!

Donna B. said...

Very nice CAS card! Love the gray, black and white!