Sunday 20 April 2014

Wplus9 Newness

Sorry today's post is very late but I've been busy loading all the new Wplus9 goodies that arrived yesterday into the store.  Unfortunately the box was badly damaged in transit so it's taken a long time to go through to stock and sort out the damaged goods from the ones that are in saleable condition.  This means that on some of the items stock levels are considerably lower than anticipated so I apologise in advance if you can't get the sets you want but I have already been in contact with Wplus9 for replacements on both new and older stock items that were damaged.

The first set I wanted to demonstrate to you all is the gorgeous new "Spring Florals" set which I think is just scrummy so I've used it to make a fresh floral and feminine card for my friends birthday.


This set is slightly different to fresh cut florals and more fresh cuts in that the stamps don't have layers to build up but you can still achieve amazing results.  To get a layered look to the flowers which are solid stamps I used a double inking technique.  (sorry but I used the currently out of stock Avery Elle inks on this project - I have an order in with Avery Elle for replacements but they are waiting for stock themselves and anticipate it will be arrive in early May so I guess it will arrive here in early June given the shipping times)  Simply stamp your flower in your base colour (the palest shade) and then using a dabber add shades of ink to your stamp and over stamp again.  I think the picture below might give you more of an idea what I mean.


I finished the card with sentiments from the equally gorgeous new "Hand Lettered Hello" set.  I double stamped the hello with grey and black to give a subtle shadow effect.

I made a second project today with the much anticipated arrival of the limited edition re-release of the "So 80s" stamp set.  Dawn at Wplus9 has received so many requests for this set since she discontinued it last year that she has brought it back as a limited edition - I did grab a lot but unfortunately several were damaged in the box so I am hoping to get them replaced - however as this is limited, once they're gone I may well not be able to get them back (I actually used one of the damaged sets myself so as not to take ones you might want!)


I love the 80s - I am a child of that decade - so I channelled my inner 12 year old and went neon crazy with the splats and stars and arrows using Hero Arts neon inks and a little black for extra 80s boldness.  I paired this set with the new Epic Dad set but in this instance I just used the dies to cut out the word epic and added some stars and the arrows from the stamp set.  I added a few black splats from the very useful ink splats set too - I just selected the smaller ones from one the larger splats and selectively inked them for variety.

Wow - super long post - thanks for sticking with it.   Hope you're all having a lovely Easter.

Tara
x






No comments: