Sunday 11 May 2014

Painting Circles

Sorry I'm a little late with my post today I've been waiting for the light to take my photos as my cards have a watercolour background and it's been tricky to get them to show up.  You may find a bit of a watercolour theme going on here for a while as half the DT and I are taking the current Online Card Class as I'm sure many of you are too.

On both my cards I was having a play with a technique from the class that features watercolour washes with stencils - I won't go into detail of how to do it, as that wouldn't be fair on those of us who've paid to take the class but here is my first attempt.


Once I'd completed by piece I die cut it and stamped and embossed the gorgeous sentiment from Mama Elephant's Make a Wish set and I added a few of the stars for good measure too.   My husband pointed out that the background looked like a zodiac so I immediately had another go and made this:


I used LuminArte shimmer paints this time for a cosmological feel but it really doesn't photograph well.  Once I'd done the background I left it to dry whilst I coloured and cut out all the signs of the zodiac from Mama Elephant's Cosmic Stars set and added a sentiments and some stars from the co-ordinating Starry Night set.   The characters are coloured with distress markers to keep with the watercolouring theme.   This was my first Mama Elephant purchase I love these sets and the characters can be used in a completely non-astrological way too.




Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Tara


4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Tara - these are absolutely brilliant! I love the subtle grid pattern on the first card and that wonderful sentiment. And the cute Zodiac is just fab! Love them both.

I haven't signed up for the watercolour course, but think I will be doing so now - seen so many lovely watercolour cards!!

Bridget said...

Love both your cards! I'm taking the OCC watercolour class too and absolutely LOVING it - had so much fun with the techniques!

Sarah G said...

Great cards, Tara! Love the watercolour effects and the Mama Elephant stamps!

Unknown said...

The zodiac one ROCKS MY WORLD!!! LOVE it Tara!