Sunday 22 June 2014

Freaking Fantastic!

A couple of brands had tiny new releases this week - and we have them in store at the same time as in the USA (this is something I'm working to try to do - its not always possible as some of the brands won't release to me early enough but I am trying to get as close to release dates as I can so you can join in on all the excitement as it happens on their blogs).   For these releases we have - 2 stamps from Newton's Nook and dies to match the On the Corner stamp sets from Neat and Tangled and I decided to play with the latter for my sample today.


I stamped the background with delicate blue stars using the just back in stock confetti set from Winnie and Walter and then layered up 3 die cuts using the cityscape creative cut from Mama Elephant.  I used the die and stamp from Neat and Tangled to make the sign post and added my sentiment to it - I'm dedicating to our DT member Keren who, although she didn't get all the way, did freaking fantastic to make it to the Top 10 of this year's Gallery Idol.  I wanted to thank all our customers who voted for her cards - we really appreciated your support.  I love the new dies as you can add some dimension to your cards - I can also see myself using these signposts for parties when I want to identify food for people - you could write on the signposts!

I also had a play with Fresh Cut Florals this weekend which are back in stock along with the dies and all the floral sets from Wplus9.


I used the watercolour technique that Dawn demonstrated a few weeks ago on the Wplus9 blog of 2nd generation stamping with distress inks on watercolour paper and then using plain water to move the ink around to get a watercolour look.  I arranged my flowers in trug (Joanna Sheen die) which I embossed into the card before I started stamping and then I just used distress inks and water to "paint" it - the embossed lines "hold" the ink so it's easy to do ;-)






Hope you enjoy the sunshine today.
Happy Crafting
Tara

3 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love the urban landscape ans signpost card - lots of fun!

Anita in France said...

Such a cool cityscape, Tara ... and that basket of beautiful blooms ... wow, so gorgeous ... don't you just love Fresh Cut Florals! Anita :)

maria f. said...

All wonderful - I just love what you've done with the basket of blooms.