Monday 28 July 2014

Sixty Years Young!!

Good morning, hope you all had a fabulous weekend.... loving the sunshine but a good watering for the garden and allotment is in order now, time for a rain dance I think :0)

I'll spare you the details on that and instead, move swiftly onto my card today which is for my Brother-in-Law who turns Sixty at the end of this week and has decided to run a half Marathon to mark the occasion!!!


I reached for the Paper Smooches 'Hope' stamp set because although it has some amazing and encouraging sentiments for loved ones battling cancer it also contains this running shoe which can be used for any other type of card. 
I stamped it twice and coloured them both with Promarkers before cutting them out... you could even thread your own laces with twine to add extra dimension. To customize the sentiment I used Lawn Fawns Harold's ABC's to write Years Young.... I wanted the panel to look like the 'runner number' attached to a running vest so I used some safety pin dies from MFT. 
It's a great set... look at that boxing glove too, another image that can be used for a sporty card!!

                                                       Hope  Harold's ABC
As always on a Monday, I'm reminding you to check out the new challenge at the Paper Smooches Sparks blog....it's a sketch this week and the DT have have some fab inspiration cards to show you :0)

Jenny x

1 comment:

Keren Baker said...

Brilliant Jenny- the pins idea is so clever! x