Sunday 24 August 2014

Paper and Wood

Today I wanted to feature the new papers we got in store this week - I'm really pleased I can widen the selection we have in store for you and hope you like them too.  For my card, I wanted to make the paper the star of the show so selected a few co-ordinating sheets from the My Mind's Eye Jubilee Sherbet pad and went to town with one of the WPlus9 Fanciful Feather dies.


I arranged them on a grey base card, took a quick snap so I could check I put them back how I wanted them, and then proceeded to glue them all down (if you think ahead which I didn't this time - you can adhere your papers to double-sided glue sheets before die cutting and then there's no need to mess with glue on fiddly feather fronds.....)

I used one of the Everyday Circles from Neat and Tangled for my sentiment, popped up on foam and given a full layer of glossy accents to make it look like flair.  Then I added some of the gorgeous new enamel dots which co-ordinate with the papers (I have to say their manufacturer photos do not do them any justice!)

I've got one more card to share with you using the papers but also with a little tease of something else new coming very soon......


The base card is kraft and the red strip is Raspberry Jam ink brushed direct to paper on it.  The white wood panel is from one of the Christmas paper pads (you don't have to use them just for Christmas!)  Sleigh Bells has some great year round prints too.

Now for the tease - that lovely round die cut with the inlaid die cut "you" is from our forthcoming wood veneer collection - gorgeous sheets of real wood, that as you can see, can be easily die cut and can be stamped and coloured too.  And the best news - they come with a self-adhesive backing so couldn't be easier to use!  We hope we'll have packs in store in a couple of weeks so watch this space as I'm sure you're going to love them as much as I do!

For this one I die cut a circle and then die cut the "you" from the new WPlus9 thank you die from it removing the word and leaving the "holes" behind.  I die cut the word again from a paler veneer and pieced it back into gap.  I stamped Spring Blooms directly onto the wood with raspberry jam ink, versafine sepia (for the leaves and sentiment) and then pumpkin pie for the flower centres.  As you can see, the inks don't run on the wood and give a crisp clean finish.  I added a sentiment from the stamps that match the die but as you can see, you can do a lot more than make thank you cards with them!  I scattered a few sequins from the Neat and Tangled Festive Fall Mix which co-ordinate perfectly with the wood.

Here's a close up on the wood so you can see the lovely texture it will add to your projects.



Now for the store news for this week:

Mama Elephant's latest release and restocks are currently in customs clearance

Lil' Inker Designs restocks and their "as yet to be revealed" August release is also in Customs clearance and should be here in time for us to release when they do in the US.

Lawn Fawn have now shipped my MAHUSIVE box of the new release and restocks and it's coming FedEx so should "hopefully" be quicker than normal.  It's the first time we've used this method though so I'm not sure how much quicker it will be - I'll be keeping my eye on the tracking system and will keep you informed.

That's all for me this weekend folks - enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend - make the most of it - it's a long wait for the next one!

Tara











2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love these cards. The colours in the feather card are gorgeous - very on trend.

Sarah x

Sarah G said...

All of these products look fab and I am especially excited about the wood veneer :) Love your designs!