Tuesday 23 September 2014

A Lot of Dirty Laundry!


Hey! Hope your Tuesday is going well. This week I thought I'd do some colouring (or coloring if you're not a Brit!). Now, I'm still learning- I have tons to learn still so taking on a larger scale bit of colouring was probably a bit ambitious. But I had great fun combining some simple techniques with Copics, Shin Han & Promarkers.
The set I've used is this one by Sweet Pea Designs
http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Take-A-Load-Off/p/35349270/category=9064880
I made this card with a mama in mind who has a ton of kids like me- and actually if you say 'dirty laundry'- she'll immediately think of the mountaineous piles of clothes ready to wash!



I wanted to try and do something different with the scene which is why I die-cut a circle out of the area & raised the frame up whilst leaving the base on the bottom! I've added details using the blender pens (like around the clouds) and also added fun detailing with a gel pen.


Do grab some pens and have fun with colouring. You can equally fun effects with pencils or watercolours. There are lots of images suitable in the store- do go and have a nosey
Look out for the other talented teamies this week- we've all gone a little colouring crazy!

See you next week,
Keren xx

2 comments:

Julie C. said...

This card is so sweet~ Love how you die cut a circle out and raised the frame. Also like your strip of velum across the card which adds interest to the card! ^_^

Unknown said...

Brilliant design, Keren! Just perfect! Xx