Tuesday 7 October 2014

Anyone for a Holiday?!

 
Hi! Have you noticed all the holiday adverts on TV? The promise of a perfect holiday with perfect weather in a perfect place with a perfect family?! Do you have those kind of holidays? Me neither?!
 
I was thinking about getting out and about and this Happy Trails set by Lawn Fawn came to mind
http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Happy-Trails/p/33080911/category=2717757
I've tried to make it look like it's slightly snowy by adding white trees behind the green. It's stamped onto acetate in black first. I've then stamped it onto white cardstock, coloured it in and then adhered it directly behind the acetate layer so it looks coloured.. an easy technique when you can't colour in a surface.


 
You can see in the first picture that there are little puffs of exhaust fumes actually coming off the card. I'm afraid the photo has a little of me reflected in it, but taking pictures of shiny surfaces is sooo hard. Tips anybody?
 
I'll leave you thinking about holidays and crisp white mornings in snowy climes. Where's the travel brochure..quick!!
 
 
Keren xx


No comments: