Saturday 24 January 2015

Birthday Card with Altenew Butterflies

Hello fellow crafters! I don't know how the weather is in your end of the world, but here in the south of Germany its cold and drizzly. So, naturally, I'm craving bright and cheerful colors … and butterflies.


First, I masked off the card so only the center would remain open. Then I used a Mama Elephant stamp and light grey ink to create a subtle background pattern. Once that was dry, I added the circles. Do you see the dashes around the centerpiece? I had lined up my stamp in a weird way so that there was a gap between where the pattern started and the edge of my mask. To "hide" this, I drew that border :)


The butterfly ... well. It took me a few attempts to get it right. I actually spent two evenings practicing each butterfly - bis to align the stamps, which color combinations work, how to combine dye and pigment inks. I also used a permanent marker to draw lines around the stamps that go together so it would be easier in the future to quickly pick out the pieces.

I fuzzy cut the butterfly when it was done and applies some Wink of Stella to give it some  sparkle. And of course now I can't wait to use the stamp set again :)

I hope you got inspired. Have a wonderful day!

If any of the products I used for this project are not available in the store, I'm offering alternating products for you in the product listing below.

No comments: