Saturday 17 January 2015

Create a Stunning Front Panel with Paper Smooches

Hello fellow crafters! Today I went a bit crazy – you might ask, _What else is new?_. I wanted to use a wonderful stamp by Paper Smooches called Blossoming Buds, but I also wanted to give my card something _extra_, but it took a stroke of genius to know how to do that. (Truthfully, I was standing in the kitchen, buttering a bread roll, when I suddenly came up with that.)


As you can see, I combined a few techniques on this card. Firstly, I used my Blender Pen (my new best friend) on watercolor pencils and really like the effect I got and how I was able to have a ton of control even in tiny areas. I'm just too challenged with a water brush sometimes. I'm working on water color card stock here, which is needed to hold up to the blending fluid and give you this nice effect.


I then fuzzy cut around the lower part of the stamped floral image – yes, I did cut off parts of my front panel. Of course, now the card wouldn't stand, so I die cut another piece of card stock, stamped it repeatedly to create a pattern, and then adhered it _behind_ the front panel.


As you can see I also added some ribbon on the top behind the sentiment from Hero Arts. That's because I'm "shopping my stash", trying to use up all the stuff that I have but which doesn't really get a lot of love from me.

Hope you enjoyed the project and maybe you got inspired to take your card's front panels to a new level?

No comments: