Thursday 29 January 2015

Fun with Dies

Hello! I wanted to stop by today to share some cards that I have been making with my new WPlus9 butterfly frame die.  I love the versatility of dies and when I saw it in the store I thought of so many things I could do with it.....

 
I die cut the frame in black cardstock and then gold embossed the bottom half several times.  I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant in Delicata gold ink and a range of sequins from Winnie and Walter in black and gold.  I love the drama of black and gold!
 
 
The frame of the die is perfect for making shaker cards so on this one I stacked up lots of frames to create a space for sequins.  The top frame is coloured with Mama Elephant ink.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

 
Finally I went for a different look by using the die cut as a stencil and smudging Mama Elephant blush ink around it to bring out the design.  I die cut the Hello sentiment from Mama Elephant several times for a bit of dimension.
 
Three different looks with the same die and, even better, it is 10% off in store at the moment.
 
Thanks for your visit today!
 
Sarah x
 
Small Butterfly Frame Die  Big Bang Bling  Smitten   Lovely Thoughts
Hello Script Creative Cuts   Blush Ink Pad   Buttercup Ink Pad
 

No comments: