Saturday 28 February 2015

Colored Pencils on Kraft Card Stock with Wplus9 Botanical Bunch

Hello readers, it’s Julia!

Last weekend, I pulled a few new goodies out of my mailbox and I don’t know about you, but I just like to stare at the pristine stamps and dies and inks for a bit. “Polymer induced stupor”. I think this should be a medical term.

For today’s card, I decided to play with the new and gorgeous Wplus9 “Botanical Bunch” set. At first, I wasn’t even sure I wanted this set, but after seeing a few samples across the net, it went on to my “must have” list. I’m using Prismacolor pencils to color the image.


If I may say so without sounding pretentious: I love how the coloring turned out. I never thought that I could use Prismacolor pencils without a blending solution. If you use a blending solution, all the stroke detail will go away – and that’s totally ok if you prefer that look, but it simply never occurred to me that the stroke detail could be used as an artistic element. So, happy to have learned that and eager to try it on other images.


I hope you enjoyed the card and you’ll give the stamp set another look. There are currently quite a few sets available over at the Make The Day Special Stamp Store and I know for a fact they all long for a loving and caring home ;)

PS: If you want to see in detail how I colored this image, hop on over to my blog (you'll find the link in the sidebar) and check out the video!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Keren Baker said...

That's a stunner Julia!

Bridget said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Julia, love this!