Sunday 22 February 2015

Otters and Elephants

What a week it's been at store HQ - we've never had so much stock arrive at the same time and it's been a little tough - there have been a LOT of late nights and early mornings to get through it all and this weekend looks like more of the same as Lawn Fawn's latest release is flying out of the door so fast!   I know some items have sold out already but I now have a faster shipping method available for some of the larger brands so if Lawn Fawn haven't sold out I will get in back again next week ;-)

I have managed a couple of quick makes with the new stock - firstly my personal favourite from the Lawn Fawn release which is the otter from the Year 5 mini stamp.


I used the stitched circles dies (both large and small together to get a nice thin mat) to cut the circle to stamp him on and a mat from the beachside papers.  I used their new black licorice ink, which does give a brilliantly crisp image, but it does take a lot longer to dry than standard dye ink pads so do take note of that when you use them or you could smudge your lovely work.  The colouring was done with pencils and blending solution.   I used some more of the yummy new papers to finish it off.

The really exciting news is that we have already got the new Avery Elle release in store - I can't sell it yet - but I can play with it ;-)    So here's a little taster of what will be available on Friday!

The Wplus9 elephants were so very popular and sold out in about 4 hours, so if you missed out, then let me introduce Elle - isn't she adorable!


She is stamped directly onto one of their new range of A2 cards which come in packs of 12 with 4 cards in each of 3 colours which match their ink pads (and yes we have the new range of those too!)  This one is from the range called Sugar.   These cards are such good quality!   Really thick card stock - so much so that I water coloured Elle directly onto them and there wasn't a hint of warping or pilling (I wasn't heavy handed with the water though - I used distress inks and a water brush on my craft sheet)   The little balloon is paper-pieced using one of their new pads which again co-ordinate with the inks and cards - this one is from "happy"     Another simple design, but hey - it's been a busy week - I didn't have time to get Picasso on you ;-)

NEWS FROM THE STORE:

New arrivals this week if you missed any were:

  • Mama Elephant
  • Wplus9
  • Paper Smooches
  • Lawn Fawn

Avery Elle will be on sale as soon as its released on Friday

Altenew are just waiting for some stock to arrive and then I will arrange a speedy shipment

I will get restocks back as soon as they are available...........

MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER FOR ANY ITEM THAT IS OUT OF STOCK USING THE "EMAIL ME" FUNCTION.   Not only does this mean you get an email telling you when it's back, it also lets me know how many people want each item so I make sure I order enough for everyone!








1 comment:

Sarah G said...

A pair of adorable cards, Tara! Love the little watercoloured elephant and paper pieced balloon - so sweet. Looking forward to Avery Elle going live on Friday :)