Monday 9 March 2015

3D stencilling

I'm sharing a great way to use your background stencils today on my card, its a technique I saw whilst browsing blogland so certainly not my idea. By sponging white pigment ink through the stencil first onto your cardstock and then slightly off-setting the stencil and sponging a dye ink through you get a fabulous 3 dimensional effect ....


I used Unicorn white pigment ink through a Hero Arts stencil called Triangle pattern and then allowed the ink to dry...this is an important step and can be speeded up by using your heatgun to gently dry the ink.
To make that uber-cool three dimensional effect I re-applied the stencil, but slightly off set, and sponged through Hero Arts Cup O' Joe ink. You can see where layering over the white ink and card gives you two different shades of brown :)
Depending on the stencil design you get different effects... this looked a bit like stonework to me..... a good backdrop for these cute cacti from Lawn fawn :)


These prickly little fellas have been stamped in dye inks and then I added extra dimension with Prismacolour pencils.... the sentiment is from the same set too :)

                                  Triangle Pattern Stencil  Stuck on You  Stuck On You Lawn Cuts
                              Unicorn White Pigment InkCup O' Joe Shadow Ink
Why not give it a go...another way to get more mileage from your stencils and don't forget to check out the stencils in store ....we've just had a couple of new designs from Hero arts arrive too :)

As always a quick reminder about the new Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week, we have a photo inspiration for you and here's my take using the Patterns 1 dies with pigment inks and Sassy letters dies.


Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

2 comments:

Craftychris said...

I have seen that background technique too but have not tried it yet - I must though - yours looks fabulous! I love those cacti too! Your other card is brilliant - it's very cool with those patches and the groovy sentiment xxx

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Fabulous card & a great technique :)