Saturday 4 April 2015

Sparkle Up Your Cards With Microfine Glitter

I guess we'd have to live under a rock not to see the amazing crafty projects that Jennifer McGuire creates every week. And since I'm in love with glitter, my eyes almost popped right out of my head when I saw her use glitter on a die cut recently. But did you know that our very own Make The Day Special Stamp Store carries these fantastic glitters? I was delighted to finally find a place here in Europe where I could indulge in all their sparkly fantastic-ness and I'm showing you a card using that glitter today:


I put some double sided tape (also available as sheets in the store) on some white card stock and then ran it with the sentiment die through my die cutting machine. When I removed the backing paper afterwards, I exposed the sticky underneath and could pour my glitter on the die cut. I made sure the colors overlapped so it would be easier to create a nice blend.


The sentiment on the front is a combination of the Lil Inker "Seriously" die and selective stamping with the Paper Smooches "Uplifters" stamp set. I purposefully used kraft paper, since it sets off the glitter nicely.

Hope you enjoyed the card and get sparkly yourself! Have a great easter weekend!

No comments: