Sunday 31 May 2015

June Brides

June is the traditional wedding month in the UK for that classic summer wedding (not that June shows much signs of being very summery this year according to the weather forecast for next week!) so I thought I'd make both a wedding and anniversary card today.

I thought weddings when we got the new stencils from Hero Arts as the Glorious Petal Stencil reminded me of wedding dress lace and it is such a beautiful pattern I wanted it to be the star of my card so I chose to emboss it white on white using our light texture paste.


Sorry the photo is rubbish - its so grey in Sheffield today.   I cut a couple of balloons and the word Congrats from the same colour card as my base card using Congrats dies set from Waffle Flower.  The balloon strings are just sewing cotton tied around the hidden behind the C.   The bows and heart are from the Finished Frame die set from Avery Elle.

It can sometimes be a bit difficult and fiddly to glue tiny images and words like this to your project - often I use stick-it, but as I was using these over paste I needed a stronger wet glue so I thought I share my trick for how I do it.


I turn a post-it upside down and add my tiny die cuts to the sticky part with the bit you want to add glue to facing upwards.  You can then hold the post-it and not the die and not get glue on you which can then transfer to your project.   Just pick the glued die cuts up with tweezers when you've finished adding glue.

So that's the wedding taken care of, let's move onto anniversaries.   For this I wanted to use the 3D diamond die from Waffle Flower.   Now I will admit it took me a couple of attempts to get the folding right so I would definitely recommend you watch Nina's video and do as she says try it with thin card first, but as someone who never cracked origami I can promise once you "get it" it really is very simple!


I cut it from holographic card (yes I ignored the video advice and went straight to thick hard to fold card!) and simple stuck it on my card with strong double sided tape (the back is very flat so it's easy to do) and then made up my own sentiment to match it using a few Winnie and Walter sets.  The flawless word is from My Precious, wishing you is from Big, Bold and Merry, anniversary is from Big Bold and Happy and "a" from Big Bold and Friends.  Sets like these are really useful to mix and match as you can find so many words you can create endless sentiments beyond the intention of each individual set!   The little sparkles are also from Winnie and Walter from the Sparkle set.

I would have to say it's not possible to put this in an envelope in the post - it would get crushed - so you would need to pop it in a box.  It does fit in an envelope if you are giving it my hand though.

What I do love about the die though is that if you make two - you can stick them together with a string loop sandwiched in between and hey presto - a perfect 3D decoration for an engagement party, or even to pop on your Christmas tree.

That's all folks - see you next Sunday!
Tara


 
 

NEWS FROM THE STORE:

The big news from the store this week is that the following brands have major releases next week:

  • Lawn Fawn
  • Avery Elle
  • Wplus9

They are all currently in transit and we should be releasing them on the same day  here as in the USA (customs permitting)




No comments: