Friday 29 May 2015

Shake what you've got

Hi everybody,


Jill here, I hope you are all well.

Now you may remember a couple of weeks ago, Tara, came up with a fun challenge for us to play along with.  The idea is for the same stamp and die set, (we're using the oh so lovely, 'Birthday Celebration Stamp and Die Set' from Echo Park), to be sent around each Design Team member, and see where it takes us! 

I was first up, and here's where it took me...


As soon as I set eyes on the fun die shapes they screamed out 'shaker' to me.  I think all the shapes would work really well in this way, (just imagine the little cute crowns full of gold sparkles!), but I chose to use the candle.


I used vellum as my card base, so the light could shine all the way through my wee shakers.

I started by measuring where I wanted my candles, and cutting them from my card panel.  While this piece was still one-dimensional, I stamped out the sentiment from the same set, and heat embossed it using Gold Sparkle powder.  I took some heat resistant acetate, and stamped out the candles three times, in Versmark, and carefully poured gold powder over the flame, and silver powder over the candlestick, then heat set.  I lined each candle up with my die-cut areas, and adhered down.  I then outlined each candle with shaker tape, from the back, to create 3 seperate compartments, and filled each space with lots of loveliness - glitter, tinsel, and micro beads.  I then adhered another panel of acetate over the back, sealing all the fun bits in, and creating three individual mini shakers.  I kept the card clean and simple by embellishing with only a few scattered, matching sequins.


This card was so easy to make, and so much fun, I couldn't help but go for it again in a different colour way.



I can't wait to see what the rest of the team come up with :)
High five to Tara for a great idea!

See you all next week.

Jillx

Birthday Celebration Stamp & Die Set

No comments: