Monday 8 June 2015

A Rockin' Geek!!


Hello there :)
Is it cool to be a geek?? I'm really not sure, it certainly wasnt when I was at school but then I don't remember them being called 'Geeks' either!! Anyhow, with shows like The Big Bang Theory on TV, geeks are certainly popular in our house and the lad from the new Avery Elle set called Geek Love just had to be inked up...



There are lots of little elements in this set that may have you scratching your head but if you check out the ideas sheet, which you can click on under the product photo in store, you can see what the little stamps can be used for...

                                                        

I have used the little curled stamp that's supposed to be her bun to make a pair of headphones for my young lad...all you need to do is not ink up his ears when you stamp him out. To make the head band piece I just sketched a double curved line and drew it in black fineliner pen.


He was really fun to colour and I felt he needed a cool, masculine scene for the background.... step forward the chevrons from Winnie and Walter and the cityscape from Avery Elle's Super.
I made a rough mask so I could sponge a subtle yellow glow in the sky.


 The sentiment had me stumped but in the end I paired a sentiment from So 80's and spelt out Rockin' with Midnight letters.

                                      Geek Love  Super  Scenery:  V for CheVron

                                              So 80's - LIMITED EDITION  Midnight Letters

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments: