Monday 1 June 2015

Embossed Balloons

 

Hello there... pinch and a punch and all that!! it's the first of June :)

Well I've been playing with the fabulous Balloon Stencil by Echo Park for todays blog post and I've used it in two different ways...


As soon as I saw this stencil I knew I wanted to try black glossy embossing paste through it on black card... I think it has such a classy look. I split the panel, placed a strip of red cardstock behind it and used one of the Happy Trio dies to make a glittery sentiment focal point. The Red Balloon from Paper Smooches was an afterthought so I could add the word 'Birthday'.
Just look how those balloons shine :)


After cleaning my stencil I tried dry emboosing it using my Sizzix Big Shot, it gives a much more subtle look than regular dry embossing but I quite like the effect...


It's hard to photograph in bright light so I snapped the shot above on the angle.
I finished this card using the Birthday basics dies which I cut twice, one in black and one in white. I have trimmed away the wording on the white piece and coloured the candles in rainbow shades. For the black piece I embossed the word birthday with glossy clear embossing powder before layering them together.


The rainbow chevrons are from the Stitched Journalling dies set by Lawn Fawn and the sketch I'm following gave me the idea to use them .... I think they balance the design well in rainbow colours too :)

            Balloons Stencil (6x6)  Happy Trio Dies  Big Balloon Dies
            Birthday Basics Dies  Whole Lotta' Happy  Stitched Journaling Card


Thansk for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Craftychris said...

Both these balloon cards are gorgeous! xxx