Friday 24 July 2015

Friends in Tandem

Hi everyone,

Eeeeek, so another awesome Mama Elephant release happened this week, and I couldn't wait to have a play...


It's no secret that I'm in love with all things Mama Elephant, I mean, I'm out and proud...I am an obsessed, massive, huge, megafan!  And this release has knocked my socks off. It is just soooo cute!


I mean...look at the Beaver's little buck teeth!!!  ...look at his teeeeeth!!!  I just wanna squeeeeeze him!

 

I started by stamping out this amazing, massive 'Friend' from the brand new 'Friend Indeed' set.  I love the look a lot of recent sentiment sets have, where the sentiment stretches all the way across the page, so I decided to extend my stamp, either side, with a black pen, to create a similar look.  I then used the matching 'Friend' die to partially die-cut the bottom from the card.  I then stamped this, 'oh my god how can one little critter be so cuuuuuuute' beaver from the 'Tandem Extras' set, masked him off, and gave him his little cute balloon from the same set to hold.  I masked both of these off, and inked up my background, using Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  Once my inking was done, I took off my masks, and coloured my characters using alcohol markers.  I took the cloud die from the 'Landscape trio' die set, and cut myself a nice little skyline.  At this point, everything was one layer, but I decided I wanted my balloon to stand off the page, so stamped, coloured, and fussy cut another, and added over the top.  I used the same cloud die to cut a few layers of vellum.  I then added the rest of my sentiment, (the 'Friends Indeed set' is one of those brilliant Mama Elephant sets where you get a load of different options to personalise your sentiment - love it!), by stamping onto the vellum peaking out the bottom, and clear heat embossing.

And there you have it.  My first play with my new Mama Elephant Goodies...and trust me, I can't wait to get going again!

As always, everything I used is linked up below, so go feast your eyes around the amazing new stamps in the release.

See you next week.

Jillx



  Friend Indeed      Tandem Extras
Friend Script Creative Cut       Landscape Trio Creative Cuts





No comments: