Monday 27 July 2015

Hip Hip Hooray!!


Hello there :)
I hope you're ready to party this Monday morning because I've got a couple of little characters on my card today that seem to have it all wrapped up....


The cute 'hand-drawn' style of these stamps was too much of a temptation for me and I just knew they would look rather sweet water-coloured too. I've used two sets and their matching dies by Reverse Confetti... Monkey Business and Later Alligator. The sets mix and match perfectly ... in fact one of the lions from Leaping Lions was also due to be joining these guys but I felt the card would be a little over-crowded so he'll have to join the party fun later ;)


I have stamped and water-coloured the images on watercolour card then used the dies to trim them out... it makes a much neater and easier job than I could do with scissors, especially around those balloon strings and the spikes on the alligators back!!!
I brushed on a simple wash of Distress ink for a water-colour background on my card base and added some gold and grey splatters too.
There are great sentiments in both stamp sets but I wanted something a little bolder for this card and the brushstroke style writing in Wplus9's Strictly Sentiments 5 suited my needs not to mention the fun phrases. I thought this would be perfect for a kids card, inside I've selectively inked 'it's your birthday' from the same set :)

                   Monkey Business  Monkey Business Confetti Cuts  LaterAlligatorProductGraphic 
                                        CC_LaterAlligatorProductGraphic Strictly Sentiments 5

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

Craftychris said...

So cute! xxx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.