Sunday 16 August 2015

Autumnal Thanks

I was really inspired to have a go at a similar background to the one @jonininaandaya created here so here is my take on it, combined with the new sentiments from Mama Elephant as I needed a special thank you card for my sister-in-law who arranged a fabulous day at the races for my friends and I yesterday which was topped off by a Spandau Ballet gig - fabulous!


I loved the over stamping of glitter on the card that inspired me, but instead of doing the leaves, I used the thank you words in the Mama Elephant Heartfelt Wishes set and embossed them with a coloured glitter embossing powder.  I kept the leaves from Wplus9's Autumn Leaves set simple, repeat stamping just one of the solid shapes with 5 shades of Hero Arts inks.  I added a black flag banner and die cut the thanks using the co-ordinating dies.  A little swirl of gold sparkle twine draws the eye into the main sentiment.  [sorry this is currently out of stock - but it will be back at the end of the month along with the new LF release]

Whilst I had the autumn leaves out, I wanted to make another more CAS card and the shape of one of the other leaves looked a lot like petals to me, so I made a flower and turned it into a card.


I started with the Blueprints 18 die to get the overall shape of my card.  If Blueprints are new to you (I have to admit they are to me too!) then the concept is that in one die you have everything you need to make a card - the design is done for you and then you have accepts and elements to make it your own.  I stamped the outline and solid leave image from Autumn Leaves and then die cut with the co-ordinating dies.  Then I took the large maple leaf die and cut it 6 times from red card with no stamping - curling the leaves and arranging around a black button gives you a poppy style statement flower.  A simple black stamped die cut thanks from the Heartfelt Wishes set finishes it off.   Both of these new stamp sets are so versatile - you'll be seeing them around here a lot!



NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • Mama Elephant and Wplus 9's latest releases are now in store
  • Altenew's latest release will be in store this week
  • We are working on a brand new website which will have more features and be easier to navigate.  It should be online by the end of October.  The store will have to close for a few days to move from the old to the new but we'll give you plenty of notice of when that will happen.





No comments: