Monday 10 August 2015

Confetti and Cake



Hello, I'm back again :) We had a lovely week away in Cornwall and to ease myself back into creative mode I made a simple 'girly' birthday card for today's blog post using a couple of older Lawn Fawn sets and the new Confetti background stamp from MFT.


I was actually playing around with this design a few weeks ago for a Lawnscaping challenge but didn't quite get the colours right and shelved it for later. I've kind of based it on the style of cards you might see in Paperchase... very loosely based on them you understand ;)
I had already chopped the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from So Much To Say into two for another card and discovered it looked like a tiered cake when stacked because of the tall, straight font.
I paired it with the cake stand from Bake me a Cake along with some candles and hey presto an easy cake :)

It was easiest to stamp the  pieces individually with Versamark starting from the bottom and apply embossing powder and heat it as you go. To apply small amounts of powder or selectively add coloured powder to different areas of the stamped image, I use a section of straw cut on the diagonal to act as a small scoop. I used this method for the white and yellow of the candles :)


When the cake was all embossed I made a rough mask from Post-it note paper and then used the Confetti background with a shimmery embossing powder to give the card some sparkle and interest on the white space.


                        Bake me a cake  So Much To Say   Confetti Background Stamp

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Jenny
I love this - how clever to use the stamp as a tiered cake
Pat x

CarlavdM said...

What a wonderfull card Jenny.
And a super idea to use a piece of a straw for the emb. powder, must remember this.