Sunday 18 October 2015

Little Gifts

As our challenge theme this month is anything but a card, I thought I'd make some little gifts today rather than cards using some of our new arrivals.

Firstly - the Santa stamp and die set from Lil' Inker Designs was really popular and we sold out of our remaining treat box dies that it was designed to be used with (we have more on their way) but in the meantime I thought I would give you some more ideas of other ways to use it if you don't have the treat box die.


Here I've used some basic supplies you can find in most high street stores that have a Christmas department to make little table favours for Christmas dinner.   I've used a "crafty bits" jar for the one on the left and filled it with cocktail mixture for the adults (cranberry and orange liqueur for a poinsettia cocktail which would be added to your glass of Prosecco on the day).  I've used the Santa Belly die from Lawn Fawn around his middle but all the other bits are from the Lil' Inker set.   The children's version is a clear 2 part bauble (so could be hung on the tree too) filled with strawberry laces but you can put any red sweets in it to give him his fat red belly.  As he is round, I used a sharpie to draw his belt and just glued the buckle over the top this time.  I got my containers from The Range but I am sure you can find something similar if you don't have that particular store locally.

Then my next gift would be a good one to make with the kids so they can give inexpensive gifts to class mates that they had a hand in making.  Snowflake key rings!


I used the new Reverse Confetti Layered Snowflake die set and cut 4 of the element layers from  a sheet of white craft foam - you could just stick it together as you cut it, but I used my heat gun to shrink each layer first - the foam shrinks about about 15% and gets a bit thicker and stiffer if you do this (have a window open as it gets a bit whiffy!)  I then coloured the 3 smaller layers with copics, glued it all together and added sequins, gems and stickles for a frosted finish.  You could also use shrink plastic but you will obviously get a much smaller finished snowflake.   If you want to make these yourself then we have the key rings in store now - pack of 3 for £1.



NEWS FROM THE STORE
  •  We had the new release from Altenew yesterday - lots of  new dies and 12 new ink colours.
  • We have a Lil' Inker Designs restock order in transit which should be here this week.
  • The next new arrivals will be Winnie and Walter and Waffle Flower designs releases before the end of October.
  • We are hoping to get some Stamping Bella restocks in before November too.

Have a good Sunday
Tara
x


2 comments:

Sarah G said...

I always love seeing the creative ways that you use supplies, Tara - the favours and keyrings are such fun ideas!

Keren Baker said...

Such fantastic ideas! Just love those Santas!