Thursday 15 October 2015

Paper Smooches Paper Piecing

Hi everybody,

Jill here with some pretty simple paper piecing for you...


I used Comforting Hugs from Paper Smooches newest release to make my card, and boy what a release it was!  And Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka Mon Amie, 6 x 6" paper pad.


This Comforting Hugs set is just so cuuute!  I am a hugger, and a hug lover, so it is perfect for me!  So many cute images, and sentiments that can fit so many occasions!  The gentle softness of the Let's Polka Mon Amie paper pad just seemed to match perfectly.


I stamped my image out onto a few different patterned papers from the same pad, fussy cut the various pieces, and adhered back in place.  I then cut my panels using Mama Elephant's Index Card Creative Card's Die, and my hill using Mama Elephant's Landscape Border Trio Die.  The Clouds are cut from plain white card  using Paper Smooches Curly Clouds Die, and the sun is from Lawn Fawn's Spring Shower's set.
My sentiment is from the same gorgeous 'Comforting Hugs' set, and is stamped in black and clear heat embossed on cream card.  I have embellished with a couple of enamel dots, matted onto kraft card, then the whole thing mounted onto a cream card base.  And there you have it, a really simple but, hopefully, cheerful, bright, and effective card.
As always, everything I have used is linked below.

One last thing before I go...did you notice my blunder?  Take a closer look...I stuck my sun on the wrong way round so the hearts are lying on their side!  DOH!  What a dafty.  Never mind, I'm sure we've all been there!  10 points to whoever spotted it :) 

See you next week.

Jillx

Comforting Hugs  Curly Clouds
Spring Showers Dies   Let's Polka Mon Amie 6x6 pad  
Landscape Trio Creative CutsIndex Card Creative Cuts  






No comments: