Sunday 29 November 2015

Concord and 9th

I've been having fun with our new brand this week - I know you all want the trees and we're hoping to get them back again in time for Christmas, but in the meantime, I wanted to highlight some of their stamps which are fabulous quality and have some unusual quirky designs.

I wanted to focus on Love You, Mean It as I adore the wreath base in that set as it is so versatile.  So I have four projects using the wreath as a base.   Two for Christmas and two for all year round.


For the first one, I went as simple as you can with just black stamping, and introduced colour using another one of Concord and 9th's innovative products - "paper route".  These are sheets of newsprint style paper (huge sheets!) with fabulous designs printed on them.  This one is a double sided "washes edition" with lots of interesting patterns - you could cover about 15 cards from a single sheet and you get 4 per pack.

The second one I did back wreath again and used some of the flowers also in black with the  trend of stamping the colour deliberately off centre for the retro look.  I stamped the wreath less times here for a cleaner finish.


For the Christmas versions I added some extra sets.  The card uses the wreath stamped 3 times in brown onto kraft with baubles from Mama Elephant's Jingle Greetings stamped and embossed in red.  The greeting is from Jingle Greetings too.

Then finally - I give lots of bottles of wine at Christmas and hate wine bottle bags so I am always looking for interesting ways to add a gift tag and I thought the wreath would make a fun tag to just sit over the bottle.   Here I started with embossing the gift sentiment from another Concord and 9th set called Lots of Blots in gold, masking it off and then stamped the wreath 4 or 5 times until I had a nice thick circle.  I trimmed the centre with a craft knife and cut the outside with scissors.  To finish I added a sprig of holly using my favourite holly die from Reverse Confetti - its a great size for decorating presents and the dotted fold line gives the leaves lots of extra dimension.



NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • We have Altenew restocks in transit - should be here this week at some point.
  • Avery Elle have a new release on 3rd December - we have it ready to go as soon as they release in the USA.
  • Lil' Inker Designs have a new release on 9th December - again we'll have it on release day.
  • We have ordered the last two releases from PaperSmooches and hope to receive them this week too.
  • There will also be new releases from MFT, Mama Elephant, Lawn Fawn and Wplus9 before we close for Christmas.





No comments: