Sunday 16 March 2014

Cats and a Challenge

So, as a huge cat fan (mine is currently purring at my feet whilst I type) it probably comes as no great surprise that my cards today feature our newly arrived friend Newton!


I used the new Birthday Bash set along with the original Newton's Antics which is now back in stock after selling out so quickly last time.  I thought the perfect day for any cat would be playing in bags and boxes before having some dinner and nice nap - that's what mine loves anyhow!   So I made a little scene by masking off the cat in the box before stamping the others over him to get them behind.  Just simple pencil colouring on kraft - one of my favourite colouring styles.  I added a pop of colour by stamping the sentiment on pink and adding a strip of it behind the image panel for balance and finishing with some sparkly pink dash lines.



Also this week, we thought it might be fun to take a little inspiration from the colours in this design seeds image http://blog.design-seeds.com/2014/03/14/flora-brushstrokes-7/
We thought it would be interesting and fun to see how each of us on the DT took the inspiration and to see what could do with the colours, so each day this week you'll see a different take and here's mine with a little more Newton as you can never have too many cats.....






All the colours are there honest - but in a very CAS way as that is my style really.  I got a new toy this week though - a colour spritzer - so I  added the blue and green using that with a copic marker and a memory box stencil.  This time I pieced Newton together using grey card and layered up the present and his paws with more bits of card.


What we thought might make it even more fun would be to open it up to all of you to join us with your take on the same colours (plus you can use neutrals too - white, cream, grey, black and kraft).   All you have to do to join us is use stamps from our store and add your link below - other than that, anything goes as its just for fun.


No comments: